FLORIDA RV PARKS AND CAMPGROUNDS – ACCESSIBLE
WESLEY CHAPEL – CENTRAL FLORIDA
- QUAIL RUN RV RESORT – Gated community. This is an excellent park for the RV enthusiast looking for an accessible park. All sites are concrete and most sites exceed the minimum 20′ width standard and have palm trees at the sites Most sites have a nice lawn area adjacent to the site. The park has a nice exercise room that is also accessible. All amenities are accessible. Has a large laundry room with accessible washers and dryers. If traveling with friends without RVs, they have nice park models, some of which are ramped for access. Many off site service vendors will come to your site for service. Recommendations include a pool lift and flexible shower head in accessible showers. 813-973-0999
ORANGE CITY – CENTRAL FLORIDA
- ORANGE CITY RV RESORT – Part of the SUN RV RESORTS chain. Located just off I-4. Met with Heather and Betsy regarding park accessibility. Very helpful. One of only a handful of parks that we have inspected that has a pool lift for their guests with limited mobility. Most accessible sites are in what appears to be a new section of the resort, in the back, where some of the paved sites approach the minimum 20′ width standard. Office and laundry are accessible via ramps. However, it is recommended they install a roll-in accessible shower, an accessible bathroom stall, and extend pavement on a few pads to encompass hookups and designate these are reserved accessible sites.
- ALLIANCE COACH RV PARK – Park is asphalt paved and primarily for customers having service work done. However, it does have plenty of sites with water and 50-amp. Although pads are paved, they are narrow. Recommend taking 2 pads and extend width to 20′ and encompass hookups with pavement and designate these as “Accessible” sites for those with limited mobility issues.
- THREE FLAGS RV RESORT – At first glance, resort appears to be all grassy sites. However, there are wide, nicely paved sites in the back part of the resort. Joanne, the resort manager, was quite pleasant and helpful. Sites have plenty of room. Office is accessible via ramp as are bathrooms.
- NATURE COAST LANDINGS RV RESORT – Located on the West Central coast off U.S. Highway 19/98. Privately owned lots that are for rent. All sites are paved and oversized. Has a recreation lodge with accessible restrooms, showers, laundry and exercise room. Laundry has accessible front loader washers and dryers. Resort has a fully accessible kitchen, game room and dance floor. Has a screen enclosed heated swimming pool and if you bring your boat, the boat launch is only 1,000 feet from the resort. 352-447-5820
- CARRABELLE BEACH RV RESORT– Located directly across the highway from the beach. Good beach access. Most sites on west side of office are narrow. Recommend sites 38, and 53 thru 73 for big rigs. Has all the amenities needed, but lacks full access for all amenities. Very nicely landscaped. 850-697-2638.
SANTA ROSA BEACH
- TOPSAIL HILL PRESERVE STATE PARK/ GREGORY E. MOORE RV RESORT – While the ranger said this park as an ADA compliant park, we found that it lacked full accessibility to be “compliant”. All sites are, however, paved, yet narrow and do not meet the minimum 20′ width accessibility standard for RV sites. Nice interior roads for traffic. There is a tram to transport people to the beach, or one may walk or ride their bike, but no other motorized vehicles allowed, including scooters. The tram we was did not have a wheelchair ramp, making it inaccessible for wheelchair use.
- CAMP GULF – Beach front sites are right on the beach, but not paved and pets are not permitted on beach front sites. The paved sites are located elsewhere throughout the park. Recommend sites738, 745 or 746. If your looking for the whitest of white sand beaches, this is the place. They offer golf cart rentals, segway rentals and free beach wheel chair use.
- DESTIN WEST RV RESORT – This is a brand new resort opening March 2012. Fully accessible resort with a pool lift and accessible amenities. Gated waterfront resort on the shores of Choctawhatchee Bay. Ramp access to the beach of the bay and paved access around the entire resort. Resort has 54 paved sites with patios and picnic tables. Patios measure 10′ x 20′. Full hookups with cable. Laundry facilities. Guests have full access to their sister property across the street at the Ramada Plaza Beach Resort where one can enjoy a private beach, cabana heated pool, swim up bar, hot tub, kiddie pool, bars and restaurants. A beautiful setting. 850-200-4533
- ST. ROSA SOUND RV RESORT – A newly constructed RV resort located right on Santa Rosa Sound bay. Beautiful setting. All concrete resort with beautiful landscaping. Most popular site is #24, but there are many other sites overlooking the water. Very accessible resort.
Our organization operates strictly from donations and grants. If you want to support our mission, you can make a donation simply by going to the Donate page.